All Access Staging seeks a motivated, detailed oriented draftsperson with CAD experience looking to work in drafting and design for the entertainment industry. A qualified candidate will work closely with technical design staff, sales associates, and rental leads to produce detailed 3D drawings and layouts for live events and productions all over the world.
- Design, model, annotate, and itemize stage structures and effects for television, music, corporate, touring, and other live entertainment events.
- Generate 3D stage layouts and construction drawings using VectorWorks.
- Collaborate with staff designers to layout and detail technical designs for lifts, stage components, mechanical, hydraulic and other special effects using VectorWorks and Autodesk Inventor.
- Communicate with sales associates, project managers, rental leads and fabricators to develop models and layouts for production needs.
- Other duties as assigned within the CAD department.
- Experience required in computer-aided drafting for theatre, live entertainment, or engineering preferred.
- VectorWorks experience preferred.
- 3D modeling experience, working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor a plus.
- Proven experience working under strict timelines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to seek out information and ask questions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during times of peak business demand.
This is a non-exempt hourly position that includes eligibility for PTO, health insurance, and 401k program after probationary period. Salary DOE.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Visual abilities include close vision and the ability to focus.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
All Access Staging is an international leader of quality set construction and staging design. We work in the fast-paced world of live entertainment for television, film, theater, conventions, display, and installation markets throughout the globe. All Access has innovative staging products designed and manufactured in the USA. All Access works with some of the biggest clients in entertainment, including The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, Super Bowl halftime show, Monster Energy Supercross and Paul McCartney.