Technical Designer -- Torrance, CA
All Access seeks a motivated, detail-oriented technical designer with CAD experience, looking for long-term drafting and design work in the entertainment industry. A qualified candidate will work closely with other technical design staff, sales associates, and rental leads to produce detailed 3D drawings, layouts, and custom equipment for live events and productions all over the world.
- Design, model, annotate, and itemize stage structures and effects for television, music, corporate, touring, and other live entertainment events
- Generate 3D stage layouts and construction drawings using VectorWorks and AutoDesk Inventor, including but not limited to technical designs for lifts, stage components, mechanical, hydraulic and other special effects
- Communicate with sales associates, project managers, and rental leads to develop 3D models and layouts for production needs
- Other duties as assigned within the technical design department
- Minimum 3 years of CAD/3D modeling experience required, VectorWorks and/or Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre, live entertainment, or engineering. (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven experience working under strict timelines and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and driven to seek out information and ask questions
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during times of peak business demand
Physical Demands & Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Visual abilities include close vision and the ability to focus
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
This is a non-exempt hourly position, salary DOE, eligible for PTO, health insurance, and 401k program after probationary period.
All Access Staging & Productions is an international leader of quality set construction and staging design. We work in the fast-paced world of live entertainment for television, film, theater, conventions, display, and installation markets throughout the globe. All Access has innovative staging products designed and manufactured in the USA. All Access works with some of the biggest clients in entertainment, including Rihanna, Will.i.am, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Super Bowl halftime show, the Olympics, and many more.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following application and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.